Midweek action sees Trafford and Radcliffe enjoy big wins

Radcliffe Borough

TRAFFORD turned on the style last night as they thumped Prescot Cables 5-1 in the Evo-Stik North.

Aaron Burns set a club record in September, scoring a double hat-trick in the 6-0 league win over Goole, and the league’s top scorer hit another treble at Shawe View to stretch his tally for the season to 16 goals.

Trafford charged out of the blocks, going 3-0 up inside 15 minutes. Ally Brown headed a fourth-minute opener from a Filose Irakoze cross before Burns fired home twice in five minutes, each time from a Lee Neville cross.

Kingsley Williams fired in off the bar on 41 minutes and Burns sealed his hat-trick after the break, although Nathan Quirk claimed a consolation after an Andy Langford trip gave Prescot an 80th-minute penalty.

Trafford are now four unbeaten and edged into the top half of the table, with RADCLIFFE BOROUGH behind them on goal difference after a 4-0 win at home to HYDE UNITED.
Aboubacar Sanogo and Conor Ready scored in each half for Boro, either side of a Raul Correia brace.

Two late goals denied league rivals RAMSBOTTOM UNITED victory at home to Tadcaster Albion. Ryan Salmon’s second-minute opener was swiftly cancelled out by the visitors and although the Rams led 3-1 at half-time through further goals by Grant Spencer and Salmon, Tadcaster struck twice in the last five minutes to claim a 3-3 draw.

MOSSLEY were beaten by Farsley Celtic for the second time in four days, despite taking the lead. The hosts recovered to win 3-1 having also knocked Mossley out of the FA Trophy last Saturday.

ASHTON UNITED suffered a similar fate in the Evo-Stik Premier, with Marine winning 4-1 at Hurst Cross four days after a 4-0 win there in the Trophy.

MAINE ROAD and WEST DIDSBURY & CHORLTON both scored late goals to clinch a draw in the North West Counties Premier.

Road salvaged a 2-2 draw at Darwen while Ashley Woods’ 89th-minute equaliser for West rounded off a thrilling 4-4 draw at Nelson.

League rivals ABBEY HEY lost 6-3 at Padiham on Wednesday night while, in the First Division, PRESTWICH HEYS were beaten 3-2 at home by Litherland REMYCA.